It seems that everyone loves the sax. People tell me constantly how much they love the sax. (You probably do, too, or you wouldn’t be reading this.)
But why? What is it about the sax that’s so wonderfully cool? And why does it effect so many people so strongly? Here are my thoughts on the subject:
- Sax music makes you feel good. The very sound of the sax does something to you. It touches you. It tickles your nervous system, in a good way. The very vibration of the instrument changes your vibration as you hear it.
- The saxophone sounds great anytime, in just about any kind of music, and makes almost any band more fun to listen to, even lousy bands. Even country music. Even polkas!
- Saxophones create great ambiance. The sax sounds hip, sophisticated, relaxed, sensuous and romantic, and always creates great atmosphere no matter where its played.
- The sax looks cool. Even just the look of the instrument itself is artistic and fun. Even just having a sax laying around the room creates a hip ambiance. Having a saxophone in a room will always inspire interesting conversation.
- Sax music takes you there. A good player can really take you places like no other instrument. Sure, guitar players would argue with that, but its true!
- Sax players are cool people. Almost universally, saxophone players are hip and interesting people. And I know a lot of them.
- Sax & Sex. And I think you know what I mean. Need I say more?
No matter where you here it, or in what context, the saxophone always sounds great, looks great, and creates great ambiance. And it makes you feel good when you hear it. That’s why so many people love the saxophone!
Source by Mark Maxwell